Author Topic: Intercoolers  (Read 18439 times)

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: Intercoolers
« Reply #30 on: February 09 2019, 09:29:25 AM »
After listening to some podcast I can see where guys have problems with distribution.
Run a RJC Power Plate. :chin:

Amen!  It continues to amaze me how people will continue to disbelieve scientific results and performance and rely upon someone's eyes to say it cannot work.  I often wonder how mankind has evolved to the current state.

On the other hand, I look around me and wonder how long it will be until civilization is in a total melt down so I guess things balance out in the end LOL
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09 2019, 09:30:12 AM »
Not sure why it would be hard on it. The first second it sputters I shut it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZG3VFlq2vM
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09 2019, 09:30:56 AM »
After listening to some podcast I can see where guys have problems with distribution.

Amen!  It continues to amaze me how people will continue to disbelieve scientific results and performance and rely upon someone's eyes to say it cannot work.  I often wonder how mankind has evolved to the current state.

x2
On the other hand, I look around me and wonder how long it will be until civilization is in a total melt down so I guess things balance out in the end LOL

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09 2019, 11:04:28 AM »
Way too much thinking going on. .....
Well, its frickin' freezin' outside, what else are we gonna do?
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09 2019, 11:11:24 AM »
Way too much thinking going on. .....
Well, its frickin' freezin' outside, what else are we gonna do?

25F today...pretty much a spring day out there.

Offline wmsonta

• Turbo Street Stock
  • PSI: -1
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09 2019, 12:04:06 PM »
Not sure why it would be hard on it. The first second it sputters I shut it off.

I do the same thing, however I change a lot of pumps. If you practice this procedure, my problem must be from these vehicles being stored w/o being run. Most have set for years. I changed 2 H-body pumps just getting this stuff started for sale.
Thanks for the link.

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09 2019, 12:40:42 PM »
Watch Scoobs vid on how to drain the tank faster than you can guzzle a beer.
I don't know about that!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX3_knlUJp8

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09 2019, 01:15:18 PM »
I'm sprayin' straight M1 along with a Power Plate
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09 2019, 01:26:17 PM »
you ain't gonna see any increase with a high dollar IC.
ran a new motor at the track for a friend.. Chinese stock location, PP and Alky with the TT chip on default. 9.95 @ 135+ in a 3740# tank. Made one run then boxed it up to go to Australia . Don't think the intercooler is doin much like ya said.

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09 2019, 01:32:03 PM »

Steve we have tried all sorts of stuff with Melissa's car. Russ has a lot of compassion for these old cars. He is thinking day an night of "hey what if we did this an that" ?   Me I just sleep like a baby. My thinking days have got up an went  :cool; IN ALKY WE TRUST  :rock:

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09 2019, 01:42:21 PM »

Steve we have tried all sorts of stuff with Melissa's car. Russ has a lot of compassion for these old cars. He is thinking day an night of "hey what if we did this an that" ?   Me I just sleep like a baby. My thinking days have got up an went  :cool; IN ALKY WE TRUST  :rock:

Dan, I spend most of my time pondering how the world got so screwed up that I don't spend much time worrying about cars to work on.  My son keeps trying to pile them on me, tho LOL

I think the internet has created so many self promoting gurus that the car business is going down the drain as well.  There is no shortage of magic new parts that you just gotta buy for your 11 second car....
Steve Wood

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09 2019, 01:56:12 PM »
Dan, I spend most of my time pondering how the world got so screwed up that I don't spend much time worrying about cars to work on.  My son keeps trying to pile them on me, tho LOL
Hey I have a really hard time just watching the stupidity on TV !! I did get into a rut watching it. Then a while ago I got back to work and I am enjoying it. Try to work 3/4 hours an screw off the rest of the time but that changes as life throws shit at ya that ya can't do a damm thing about. Ummm kids don't want me to buy anything else  :013: Hey old people have needs  :rock:

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09 2019, 02:11:00 PM »
Hey I have a really hard time just watching the stupidity on TV !! I did get into a rut watching it. Then a while ago I got back to work and I am enjoying it. Try to work 3/4 hours an screw off the rest of the time but that changes as life throws shit at ya that ya can't do a damm thing about. Ummm kids don't want me to buy anything else  :013: Hey old people have needs  :rock:

Yep, we do.  I have needs and I need those needs right now!
Steve Wood

Online reality

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09 2019, 02:45:24 PM »
My mind wants to do things but the body won't let me.

OLD AGE SUCKS.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09 2019, 03:10:54 PM »

I do the same thing, however I change a lot of pumps. If you practice this procedure, my problem must be from these vehicles being stored w/o being run. Most have set for years. I changed 2 H-body pumps just getting this stuff started for sale.
Thanks for the link.

I'm amazed at the people contacting me telling me the car sputters at WOT...and then when I ask...they haven't changed the pump in 10-12 years. I got a guy at work who's the original owner...and hasn't changed the pump. I swap the pump in my car once a year. I look at it as cheap insurance against a set of head gaskets. You have to be all over the fuel system on these cars like shit on a blanket or you're gonna be swapping head gaskets.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal