Tech Area > General Auto Tech

anybody know much about the series II supercharged 3800's?

(1/3) > >>

tb3:
i've came across a  really really nice older couple owned mid mile 05 park avenue ultra.  i've been using a 04 lesabre with the na 3800 for the last 7 years as my dd and its been 100% problem free except for the intake gasket recall thing i fixed at about 130,000.  I'm at 178,000 now and still runs like new.  but i'm needing front struts, front hubs, new tires, a rock just busted my windshield, and i'm also feeling a light pop sometimes when i turn the wheel (i suspect my rack and pinion).  also gonna need new tires in the next 10,000 miles.  
rather than put more money into it, even though the cars worth it...i'm do for something differant.

anybody know anything about the supercharged 3800's?  i suspect i'll have to do a intake and gasket change on this one too eventually?  anything else?

tia

Pyro6:
I have a 94 Ultra, 175k, still runs great. I just can't imagine if you get the 05 you wouldn't be satisfied (if the price is right). 3800 is just bullet proof. Scharger just makes it funner!!! It's not as good as the GN, but you can still blow people away with it. I wished I could find a Riviera.

tb3:
sweet! any extra maintance with the supercharger other than a extra belt?  Is it lubricated via engine oil, or its own oil?
have you done any mods to yours?
are there many that mod them for more performance?
I guess I should look for a forum that caters to the supercharged 3800?

Pyro6:
I check the oil in the unit once in awhile, other than that no maint. needed. No mods, it's my DD, if it weren't for running my shop and racing the GN, I think it would be a hoot tinkering with it. First thing I would experiment with is pulley dia.

SuperSix:
As said above  they are still the bulletproof 3800, and are fantastic engines. Do the basic maintenance, and you should get 200+ out of the motor.

Chip and a smaller diameter pulley can get them a bit more power, but for a DD just leave it stock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version